Monday, November 12, 2012

Final Projects

Ahhh, the end of the semester is drawing near, and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
But before reaching said end, I guess I have to earn it. How do I do that?

Finals!

Now, one thing I have begun to learn here at school is that one's work is not created in a vacuum, that our assignments aren't just throwaways for learning processes. As such, I have decided to use my required finals and class time to add to a larger project.

As of yet, this project has no name, but it is a sort of mythological comedy, dealing with entities from Norse to Greek to Egyptian and Judeo-Christians legends. Yep, I know that description sounds dull, but il est qu'il est.

My girlfriend, Kaylee, and I want to turn this into a webcomic and start over the summer, and this could be a great way to start building our stories.

So, which classes am I using? I have two separate ideas from the parent idea for my Design for Media and Animation I classes. Both of them are a sort of introduction to the dynamics of Hell, which is not at all what you were raised to believe it was.

Now, my animation final is already underway, but here is the animatic to give you the gist of it:

video

Yes, Satan is married to a very sassy wife. (Any and all concept sketches will be seen at the bottom of this post).

My Design for Media project will be an animatic that lays out an intro to the Hell chapters, done to Rihanna's Mad House.  (Posted here for entertainment purposes only.)

video

I have some starting ideas for storyboarding to the song, but, really, the only way for me to get concrete ideas is to map out the song (or break it down into chunks) and just get started. I've already made myself a template to storyboard (see below), I have my song, I know my characters, now it's time to start.



To keep myself on track now that I have two large projects, I'm making a schedule for my D4M one with some general due dates to keep in mind. Yes, I am aware that this is the same one I've used several times; it saves me extra time/effort, and, well, who doesn't love rainbows?



And, now, here are some of the things I have here on my computer currently. There's a Hell of a lot more, as I draw these characters very frequently, but for your sanity I'm cutting it down to what's already on my laptop. Oh, and bad puns rule!

Concept art for animation final of Satan and his wife Jacqueline:


Drawing of Lucifer and Satan, whom I portray as separate entities:


Just stylizations of Lucifer:



WIP pixel art of the Not-so-Grim Reaper, Kayden:


Quick sketch of Jacques Bete, Hell's #1 torture master:


One of many color concepts for weddings between major characters:









No comments:

Post a Comment